This week I taught Grade 2 and Grade 3. Grade 3 is doing a 2 week program. Next week, they will do a presentation of an imaginary invention that they have created. This week I did the introduction with my own presentation: "The Fart Collector." I used visual aids like a hose, bag and a frying pan. The students thought it was funny. My co-teacher needed to explain the directions for clarification. Most of the students did start drawing up their posters, which is a good sign. So it will be interested to see how well the students do during their presentations, and how much speaking the students actually do. (I made it a requirement that all students in every group speak.)
My Grade 2 classes focused on the question "Have you ever ...". The lesson involved a listening activity, the grammar introduction and listening to the song "Have you ever..." by Brandy. As the students listened to the song, they would fill in the blank of various past participles that are in the song. I also devised a speaking game where the students would ask me "Have you ever ...". I only did this game once because of time constraints This game was mildly successful. The only problems were that it was probably too long, and the same students volunteered to participate. When I did volunteer some other students, they didn't want to participate.
Overall, this lesson was fairly successful. On Monday, this lesson bombed. I included a couple more slides to the Power Point to clarify things. And I also pointed out in the book where this grammar point was. The students seemed to understand it better. The only other class where it didn't seem to go over well was the last period on Friday. I noticed that my co-teacher interrupted frequently with explanations in Korean. Maybe this was needed. But the flow of the class was different than all my other classes. So I assumed that class didn't go well.
No comments:
Post a Comment